Key objectives of the policy
- Developing student centric Innovation and Pre-incubation Ecosystem for Students (IPIES)
- Creating environment for creativity to flourish and an end-to-end support system in educational institutions to allow ample support to ideas for better execution
- Build internal capacity of educational institutions and key components of the innovation ecosystem to enable deployed processes to make sustainable impact at scale
- Create pathways for mind to market by harnessing and hand holding projects/research/ innovation/ideas of students in Gujarat
- Creating and facilitating sectoral and regional innovation efforts in state around educational institutions
- Create a common platform to showcase, support and upscale innovations for motivating stakeholders as well as for an opportunity to create value for money and value for many
- Leverage public system initiatives at state and central level, academia, industries and by other ecosystem stakeholders / domain experts and institutions to make an inclusive effort
- Empower all universities to set-up and execute the broad agenda of innovation and preincubation
- Aim to create an environment that converts at least 1% graduates intojob creators by innovation and allied means
- Support at least 1,000 student-fed innovations per year and aim to file 1000 patents from universities in the state every year
- Harness 500 student startups in the next 5 years, and upscale
- Empower universities and educational institutes to build a robust Innovation and Preincubation support systems within
- Create incentives, awards, appreciations and benchmarks for innovation and student startups and associated efforts at all layers
- Build capacity for at least 200 educational institutes in the state in the next five years, to have a robust preincubation support for student/ alumni
- startups and innovations
- Undertake strategic interventions to empower all universities in the state to develop full-fledged preincubation ecosystem in the next 5 years
- Ensure that the innovation processes link academia, society and SMEs through systematic ways so that students and faculty solve their challenges and create further entrepreneurial opportunities
- ve Open Online Course (MOOC).
- To develop State level common resource centre and digital platform.
Interventions through SSIP
- Student Innovation and Start-up Ecosystem Development.
- Developing innovation and startup councill Cell at Uni/Institute.
- Awards/ Recognition/ Exposure for student innovators.
- Virtual Incubation Mentoring and allied support.
- Proof of Concept (PoC) and Prototyping support. Patent Filing support.
- Tinkering Lab/ Fab Lab/ Basic prototyping facility.
- Pedagogical Interventions.
- Universities: Government Universities, Government Aided Universities and Private Universities, sector specific universities, and deemed universities
- Educational and academic institutes: Government, Grant-in-Aid and Self Financed academic and educational institutes affiliated to any university in Gujarat
- Student/ innovators: Students, student innovators and pre-incubation stage startups run by students belonging to eligible universities and educational institutes shall be supported under this scheme
Support provided under SSIP
- Up to Rs 5 Cr to universities in 5 years
- Up to Rs 2 Cr to institutes in 5 years
- Up to Rs. 2 Lakh support at Idea/ POC level for Student Innovations
- IPR Support Up to Rs. 25000/- for each innovation
- Support to stakeholders for various Conferences, symposiums, workshops, boot-camps
- Mentoring Support up to Rs. 50000/- per project
- Resource for Maker's Lab/ Prototyping Facilities: 6.1 .
- Student Innovation Fund at SSIP: 20 per year