For preserving environment and for promotion of clean energy, the State Government's vision is to promote, support, facilitate and incentivize investments in Sma|| Hydel Projects in the State.
- To promote renewable and clean source of electricity to reduce carbon emissions through Small Hydel Projects
- To promote setting up of Small Hydel Projects on canal System, rivers and streams to harness untapped clean energy
- To reduce dependency on depleting fossil fuel reserves for energy security and sustainability
- To promote investment, employment generation & skill enhancement in renewable energy sector
- To encourage research and development and innovative technologies in Small Hydel Projects
- To create environmental consciousness among citizens
- Projects to get benefits for 35 years
- Projects up to 25 MW will be covered under this policy (projects with higher capacity-fall under Govt. of India Policy).
- Project developer will be selected in a transparent way by inviting bids by Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd., Water Supply Dept. etc authorities having control on dams/canals.
- 100% Exemption from ED.
- 50% concession in wheeling charge, distribution loss to the captive power plant.
- Cross subsidy surcharge-additional subsidy surcharge: 100% exemption to captive plants.
- Cross subsidy surcharge-additional subsidy surcharge-50% concession to projects for third party sale.
- State Utilities may purchase such power if they require the same for meeting their RPO at the tariff fixed by GERC or through competitive bids.
For more information please visit: https://guj-epd.gujarat.gov.in