For contribution to "Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan" , generation of elecricity at affordable cost in a sustainable manner from muncipal solid waste for cleaner Gujarat.
- To facilitate and promote utilization of MSW as renewable resource for generation of electricity
- To facilitate and promote disposal of MSW in more environment friendly manner
- To help improve efficiency and effectiveness of collection and disposal of MSW, thereby contributing to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- To reduce the requirement of lands for disposal of MSW, thereby saving precious public resource for alternative public purpose
- Benefits & incentives to the project coming in the operative period for 25 years
- Land to be provided at token lease rent of Re. 1-per annum by Municipal Corporation or concerned Urban Local Body (ULB)
- No tax/cess/royalty/levy to be charged by ULB
- Stamp duty on lease agreement-to be paid by ULB
- Developer to be selected by competitive bids in a transparent way
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) to be given free-of-cost
- ULB or UDD will invite bids in which required Viability Gap Funding (VGF) per unit of electricity to be sold will be quoted by the bidders. Such VGF will be provided by UDD/ULB. Based on the VGFlowestone), developer will be selected
- Complete exemption in wheeling charges-distribution loss.
- For projects under REC mechanism, wheeling charges, transmission charges, losses, other charges to be applicable as per normal open access consumers. They will be governed by CERC REC Regulations.
For more information please visit: https://dst.gujarat.gov.in