Gujarat with reduced dependence on fossil-based energy by promoting clean & green wind energy.
- To promote green and clean power and to reduce the State's carbon emission
- To reduce dependency on fossil fuels for energy security and sustainability
- To help reduce the cost of renewable energy generation
- To promote investment, employment generation and skill enhancement in the renewable energy sector
- All electricity generated and consumed from wind power plants to be exempted fully from ED
- Captive power plants will get full exemption from cross subsidy surcharge and additional surcharge as available under Electricity Act, 2003
- Concession of 50% of cross subsidy surcharge and additional surcharge available to third party sale projects
- Captive power plants will be eligible for 50% concession on wheeling charges and 50% of distribution losses
- For captive use, MSME Units allowed to set up wind power plants up to 100% of contracted demand/ sanctioned load and other units up to 50% contracted demand/sanctioned load, Single unit wind turbine generator of up to 2.7 MW to be allowed without any ceiling with reference to contracted demand.
- Group captive wind power plants to be allowed if 100% equity is held by captive users and if they consume entire generation in the ratio of their equity.
- Only new plant machinery which are approved by MNRE to be allowed under the policy.
- GEDA to be the nodal agency.
For more information please visit: https://dst.gujarat.gov.in