Building up competencies of global scale in research, development and commercialization in Biotechnology sector, capable of harnessing the true potential of the sector in a sustainable way to achieve disease-free, nutritionally-secure, prosperous society living in a safe and clean environment
- To establish Gujarat as a preferred & globally competitive destination for manufacturing of Biotechnology products and services and to reach a turnover target of Rs. 15,000 Crore.
- To create a professionally competent manpower pool of 25,000 human resources in the Biotechnology sector
- To create employment opportunities for more than 1 Lakh human resources in Biotechnology sector by 2021.
- To promote creation of Intellectual Property (IP) in the Biotechnology sector by facilitating R&D institutions and contributing more funds to R&D in the BT sector.
- To encourage cutting-edge Biotechnology research, build world-class infrastructure and attract world's best talent to contribute to the State's development.
- To develop Biotechnology entrepreneurship and promote development management & commercialization of Bio-technologies with an aim of branding Gujarat as a hub for Biotechnology start-ups, entrepreneurship, technology management and commercialzation.
Incentives for Biotech Units
- Capital subsidy for new manufacturing facility up to Rs 50 Crore
- Interest assistance up to Rs 10 Crore/Annum
- Attractive lease rental subsidy
- EPF grant for the added workforce
- Electricity tariff assistance and reimbursement of electricity duty
- Reimbursement of stamp duty, registration and NA conversion fee
- Assistance for quality certification
Incentives for Start-ups and Incubator
- Assistance up to Rs 1 Crore for setting up new incubator
- Software procurement assistance up to Rs 50 Lakh
- Assistance for operations and mentoring for Start-Ups
- Up to Rs 10 Lakh Grant for Establishing Pilot Production Facility to Start-Ups
- Attractive 9% Interest Subsidy to Start-Ups
- Support for Market Development, Product Prototype Development
- Up to Rs 20,000/Month for Skill Certification Grant
- Electricity Tariff Assistance and Reimbursement of Electricity Duty
- Reimbursement of Stamp Duty, Registration and NA Conversion Fee
Incentives for Research and Skilling Support
- Capital assistance up to Rs 1 Crore for setting up new Biotech finishing school
- Up to Rs 10 Lakh per module operating assistance to Biotech finishing schools
- Upto Rs 25 Lakh for contract and sponsored research project
- Up to Rs 50 Lakh for setting up shared industrial testing facility
- Assistance for up to 50% expenditure for obtaining national and international patents
For more information please visit: https://dst.gujarat.gov.in