Gujarat as a globally competitive and innovative industrial destination that stimulates sustainable development & promotes inclusive growth.
- To create employment opportunities for both skilled and unskilled workforce
- To become a Global hub for manufacturing To promote Ease of Doing Business to create business friendly environment
- To provide pro-active support to micro, small and medium enterprises
- To promote the spirit of innovation and incentivise entrepreneurship among youth by providing specific sector skills and seed capital
- Ensure effective implementation of the policies.
Being an industrialized state, Gujarat has a strategy which can support industrialization through higher value addition. Salient features of the strategy are:
- Accelerating development of Infrastructure.
- Promoting labour intensive industries.
- Focused approach for industrially under-developed areas.
- Strengthening sector-specific vocational skills.
- Encouraging Universities for incubating start-ups & innovative product development.
- Support technology up-gradation and research & development.
- Promote trade facilitation & e-governance.
- Support to Service Sector Enterprises.
- Conducive labour reforms including more opportunity for Women. Focused approach on 'Make in India' programme.
- To enhance last mile connectivity for strengthening development of infrastructure.
- To promote specific sector approach & value addition in production.
- To encourage the adoption of green, clean-energy business practices.
- To promote innovation, start-ups & technology transfer.
- Providing equity support for MSMEs & Start-ups. Facilitation to Large/ Mega Projects.